Every year, Infinite Energy gives $5 for every customer in Gwinnett County to the county’s school foundation. When we made our first contribution in 2016, we gave $41,325. And this year, we’re excited to announce we beat last year’s amount with $47,000 in STEAM grants, making a total of $88,325.
Grants are awarded to schools with projects that focus on science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics (STEAM). Most of our past contributions helped pay for school robotics programs. And these grants will do the same, along with supporting projects in fine art and engineering.
The 2017 grant recipients are:
- Central Gwinnett High School, $7,500
- Cooper Elementary School, $1,100
- Gwin Oaks Elementary School, $2,300
- Lovin Elementary School, $5,000
- Mill Creek High School, $14,000
- Peachtree Ridge High School, $3,200
- R.L. Norton Elementary School, $9,100
- Twin Rivers Middle School, $4,800
Giving back is important to Infinite Energy. We believe supporting our schools and the children who attend them will make the biggest long-term impact.
Infinite Energy is excited to take part, and we can’t wait to see how students approach the projects they’ve chosen. Stay tuned in the upcoming weeks and months for more information on each school and the projects they’ll be rolling out with the STEAM grants.