Once again, it’s been another fine year here at Infinite Energy. But we’re really not surprised, not with so many great customers, vendors, partners and, of course, employees. To wrap up the year, let’s have a look at some of our 2018 accomplishments.
- $88,140 given back to education. As part of our corporate citizenship efforts, we support childhood education in the communities we serve. This money helps pay for school grants, scholarships, a robotics program, food and school supplies. This year, more than $7,000 of this money—matched by the company—came from employees.
- $30,768 given back to other causes. Separate from our corporate citizenship work, Infinite Energy also matches up to $1,000 of employee contributions to approved charities. The lion’s share of employee donations in this category went to United Way this year. In total, we were able to give back $25,326.74 to this organization. More than half of that came from employees.
- More than 350 hours of paid volunteer time. At Infinite Energy, we also provide the opportunity for each employee to get up to eight hours of paid volunteer time every year. Of course, with our emphasis on supporting childhood education, most of these hours are spent at schools and educational events. We’re proud that so many of our employees take part in giving back to the community.
A Great Place to Be
- Best places to work. We scored high with Outside magazine last year, earning a spot in The Top 50 Places to Work in 2018. It marks the seventh year in a row that the magazine, which evaluates companies throughout the U.S., has recognized Infinite Energy. The magazine judges workplaces on how well they’re able to promote and encourage active and healthy lifestyles.
- Best workplace honoree. In addition to Outside magazine’s recognition, we were also honored by Inc. magazine, which scored us high based on an employee survey that asked, in short, how satisfied employees were. More than 1,800 companies across the country competed for a spot on Inc.’s coveted list. We’re happy to be one that made it.
- Best places to work in Florida. We were also recognized at home, making the cut with Florida Trend magazine. In 2018, Florida Trend listed us as one of the top 100 companies to work for in the Sunshine State.
- Civic minded. We were even recognized in our home town. The Greater Gainesville Chamber of Commerce, praising our engagement with and commitment to the community, awarded us with the Civic Company of the Year in 2018.
- Fastest growing. The University of Florida, home of the Fightin’ Gators, honored us with a spot in the Gator100. The honor recognizes and celebrates 100 of the fastest-growing businesses in the world owned or led by University of Florida graduates (Gators).
We’ve had a lot of great help making Infinite Energy a leader in so many areas, and we want to thank everyone who’s played a part in that. We look forward to the year ahead. Happy 2019!