The new year is finally here, and if it’s anything like 2019, it’s going to be awesome. Let’s look at some of the highlights that made last year so great here at Infinite Energy.
- We gave $48,000 in STEAM grants to 11 public schools in Gwinnett County, Georgia. These grants are used for projects that support science, technology, engineering, art and mathematics. In total since we began giving back several years ago, we’ve given Gwinnett County schools about $186,000. And we’ll be giving back more money later this year—stay tuned for updates on that.
- We raised a total of more than $38,400 for other educational causes. More than $14,400 of that was raised through drives that helped pay for school supplies and food for hungry students.
- Our volunteers worked 411 hours in 2019 to help support education—we offer eight hours of paid volunteer time to each employee every year, and most of that is spent helping out in schools.
- We gave out about 1,400 free tickets to customers to attend concerts and shows at Infinite Energy Center. Some of the more popular shows included the likes of the Harlem Globetrotters, Jonas Brothers, Disturbed, Phil Collins and the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. We’ll be giving out more free tickets in the upcoming year—so keep your eyes peeled. You can click here to sign up for ticket contests.
- At the end of November, we started demolishing our old building to make room for a brand new, state-of-the-art facility, which should be finished in 2021. The new building will be four times bigger and will include a solar-panel-covered roof and a 2,000-square-foot employee café.
- Not long before the holidays, we gave our website a makeover. It now has a cleaner look, and we’ve expanded some of the information available on different pages, all in an effort to give you an even better experience when you visit our site.
- In September, we announced that we’re now serving the natural gas needs of commercial customers in the great state of Ohio! We’re hoping to also serve homeowners there in the near future.
- In May, Infinite Energy celebrated its 25th year anniversary. As part of the celebration, we created a time capsule full of goodies that will be displayed in the lobby of our new building. We’ll open it in another 25 years.
- We made two national listings for best workplaces. Outside Magazine, which recognizes companies that create an effective work-life balance, listed us in its 50 Best Places to Work in 2019. And Inc. Magazine, which recognizes the nation’s fastest growing companies, listed us in its 346 Best Places to Work in 2019.
To all of our customers, vendors, partners and employees, thanks for being part of Infinite Energy. We’re looking forward to another great year with all of you.